13th Burnham Art Trail
Saturday 24th June to Sunday 2nd July 2017
Welcome to the 13th Burnham Art Trail
For eight days local artists take over Burnham to create an art trail rich in variety and with a range of fun creative events.
A must-do FREE event in the arts’ calendar, the Burnham Art Trail has built an impressive reputation for the quality of work on show, innovative events and its friendly welcome.
Art trail artists provide a vibrant collection of works from atmospheric land and seascapes to contemporary printmaking, installations, textiles, jewellery, ceramics and sculpture.
Open artist studios: meet the artists, see demonstrations and have a go yourself with taster activities.
Art on the Quay: Sunday 18 & 25 June,12 noon till 3pm: meet our artists on Burnham Quay, chat and soak up the atmosphere. Your chance to buy directly from the artist.
Venues include shops, businesses, cafes, private houses, gardens, artists studios and community organisations. They all donate space and display areas easily accessible to the public, well signposted and often a pleasant stroll from each other.
- Sue Spiers painting en plein air Saturday 24 June & 1 July,1.30pm onwards.
- Caravan of Curiosity FREE assemblage experience drop-in workshop, Sunday 2 July,12 noon onwards at The Parlour Café.
- Jean Webber’s open studio and garden, oil painting demonstrations, cream teas, homemade cakes, sandwiches and model railway.
- ‘Art Trail Unframed’ – original unframed art works and cards.
- ‘Secret Postcards’ – a chance to win an original postcard-sized artwork in a sealed bid auction.
Station House: Art Trail Community Project: Create & Flourish CIC have worked with local schools and community groups to design and build an artwork inspired by the landscape using plastic bottle tops. The artwork has been installed along the wire fence at Burnham Train Station. The designs for the artwork are on display in the house.
We hope you enjoy your visit.